The Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy’s PAiCE technology programme consists of projects in the areas of autonomous and decentralised logistics systems, the integrated engineering of manufacturing plants, industrial communication and the use of service robotics and additive manufacturing. The concomitant research is supporting the partners who are involved in the PAiCE technology programme’s projects by:
- Building a network of important stakeholders and establishing national and international collaborative arrangements
- Monitoring and benchmarking the projects
- Helping individual projects to develop business models, collaboration models and strategies for implementing project outcomes
- Helping individual projects to develop strategies for the standardisation of their project outcomes
Cross-project expert groups are addressing the following cross-section issues:
- The legal difficulties of collaborative systems in industry
- Reliable system architecture
- Collaborative business models for digital platforms.
The concomitant research also publishes brief studies about topics that are currently relevant to the technology programme.
The consortium manager for this concomitant research is the Institute for Innovation and Technology at VDI/VDE-IT.